Im just going to leave this here…
I keep losing links, so: a collection of links as Amnesty International sends a human rights team to the US for the first time:
- Unarmed black teenager Michael Brown shot by police officer Darren Wilson. Police initially refused to name Wilson and put him on paid leave.
- Police say Brown was stopped in relation to a robbery, except the officer who shot him had no knowledge of the robbery. They backtrack and say there was an altercation, except all witnesses (who have accounts that match) dispute this. Police don’t interview the friend who was with Michael Brown.
- The store in question didn’t even file a robbery report with Ferguson police.
- Police stop a nurse from attempting CPR on Michael Brown.
- And as it turns out from Michael Brown’s autopsy report: shots that hit inside of arm and hand are consistent with a man with arms up in style of surrendering. He was shot 6 times. (This isn’t the police autopsy report, which they refused to release. It’s conducted by Dr. Braden for the family for no fee.)
- Community begins peaceful protest, disrupted by a few looters who the community peacefully stop.
- Media reports looters and not much else. While they do this they also report innocent black victims in a more derogatory way than they report white murderers.
- Police respond by declaring a no fly zone and blocking the media from documenting events.
- Also call protesters fucking animals.
- Police are more heavily armed than military in warzones:
- "They have short-barreled 5.56-mm rifles based on the military M4 carbine, with scopes that can accurately hit a target out to 500 meters. On their side they carry pistols. On their front, over their body armor, they carry at least four to six extra magazines, loaded with 30 rounds each. Their uniform would be mistaken for a soldier’s if it weren’t for their “Police” patches. They wear green tops, and pants fashioned after the U.S. Marine Corps MARPAT camouflage pattern. And they stand in front of a massive uparmored truck called a Bearcat, similar in look to a mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle” [source]
- As protests continue and a curfew comes into effect, police start acting three hours before the curfew: going in with armoured tanks, rubber bullets, tear gas, then bullet clips, turning off streetlights and using night vision, tear gassing an eight year old, arresting citizens and journalists and even a senator, illegally taking off name tags to avoid accountability, tear-gassing and confiscating Al Jazeera cameras, threatening to mace and shoot journalists both on and off the air, reporting a McDonald’s looting when protesters broke in to get milk to treat tear gas victims
- Continued attempts at peaceful protests turned violent by police in response to supposed, but reported by no one else, molotov cocktails.
- Meanwhile schools are still closed.
- Meanwhile, less than a week since Michael Brown’s murder, two more unarmed black men have been shot by police: Armand Bennett, who was shot running from shots fired by the police after a traffic stop, and Ezell Ford, a mentally ill man killed in LA by officers who wrestled him to the floor and then shot him.
- In fact, white police killing unarmed black men is not uncommon.
- And now in goes the National Guard. (I google image searched “national guard”. I’m not feeling reassured, and I doubt Ferguson residents are either.)
I’ve done my best to fact check etc. but hit me up with any mistakes.
Tumblr: #this fucking donut #can we talk about this fucking donut for a minute #can we #because on this donut #the sprinkles just comfortably melt into the icing #you can tell that they are so perfectly in tune with each other #and they’ve come so far from when the sprinkles just sort of sat on top #barely touching for fear of rejection #just ugh I can’t #otp: comfortably melting
4chan: here’s a picture of someone putting their dick in a donut.
reddit: that donut needs to go back into the kitchen and make me a sandwich.
academia.edu: Here is a pdf of the seminar paper I wrote about the erotics/poetics/semiotics/science of donut eating.
deviantArt:I did not steal this donut. I traced it so now it’s mine.
It got better
Fanfic.net: The donut is the setting for a high school AU, were two sprinkles meet and realise they have more in common than they ever thought possible, however, the mean chocolate sauce has caught wind of their secret relationship. Will they be able to make it together before it’s too late? M for a lemon flavoured donut.
This has officially become one of my favorite posts.
I JUST REBLOGGED BUT FANFIC MADE IT PERFECT
Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with: The Internet.
archiveofourown.org: Graphic Depictions of Gluten, doughut/sprinkles, doughnut/glaze, doughnut/sprinkles/glaze, doughnut - character, sprinkles - character, glaze - character, dsg threesome, first time, morning doughnuts, AU - doughnutverse, omg i don’t even know, knotting
“I hate him,” toews deadpanned, eliciting a laugh from kane.
Hiccstrid Parallels (2/?)
omg I’ve always loved Astrid for this. She doesn’t just try and talk to him at a normal level, because she knows he avoids eye contact. He’s used of a life of people LITERALLY looking down at him, so he just escapes by glancing downward when he feels inadequate. But she won’t have it from him— she gets down ON HIS LEVEL and makes him look up. Makes him see what she sees: somebody worthwhile and worth looking straight in the eye.
Reblogging for that amazing comment.
Kat Dennings for Zink Magazine
The Flyers third jersey better be black. And have laces. Or I will revolt.
ahhh, mustachio-furioso. THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE QUESTION. THIS IS THE PLACE WHERE MOLLYHALL’S POLICY OF “DON’T DISH OUT WHAT YOU CAN’T TAKE” CRUMBLES INTO PIECES AND YOU ALL SEE ME AS THE HYPOCRITICAL PIECE OF BANANA PEEL THAT I AM.
so i am answering this publicly in case anyone else—particularly philadelphia flyers fans because i love you individually and wish you all the world’s success but i hate your team so much!!!!!—has this question, which is such a good question, which is a question to which the answer should totally be, like, “yeah, of course, whatever, i’m a grown woman and i don’t need to feel like a protective mother hen for a bunch of adult men who could crush my life into dust using just one of their armpits and a handful of moxie.”
dear, sweet, beautiful mustachio-furioso, of course we can still be friends, of course when having a one-on-one conversation we can just agree that the state of pennsylvania does not have hockey teams at all and i will be only a blowies fan and you can be only a fan of your girl/boyfriend team, and we will have wonderful fun adventures mutually being mean to gary bettman!!
but the thing is like i would die on a battlefield for the pittsburgh penguins. if sidney crosby came to my apartment door and was like, “your team is calling you. but it’s a suicide mission.” i’d answer, “sure, sounds good, say something nice at the funeral OR DON’T IT’S LITERALLY WHATEVER.”
is that crazy?
OF COURSE THAT’S CRAZY. THAT’S INSANE. WHY WOULD ANYONE ASK ME TO DO ANY KIND OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, I’M PIGEON-TOED AND I CAN’T SPELL THE WORD “GUARANTEE” WITHOUT CHECKING GOOGLE 3 TIMES.
anyway, the answer, you wonderful moonrocket, is that tragically i am the type of doofus who would absolutely get thrown out of a bar for fighting at 2:30pm in the afternoon because somebody said kris letang is more a forward than a defenseman, which is something i myself have said. but it’s only okay when i say it, because i am a crazy person.
THAT BEING SAID, OF COURSE: YOUR BLOG IS YOUR BLOG. you should totally, absolutely, 100% post whatever you want on your blog, provided of course that it is not gross misogyny (#cindycrosby) or racist or, idk, any other kind of sports-related grossness (lbr, we all know what sports culture is like).
if you want to post things about my team being stupid terrible morons who don’t even play good hockey
(you’re so wrong who TAUGHT YOU TO BE THIS WRONG???)that is totally your prerogative and i’ll defend to the death your right to do it. i will just stay in my lane, and you can stay in yours, and we can wave cheerfully at one another through the windows and blacklist one another’s hockey tags, and by the time we get to the picnic we’ll be ready to forget about pennsylvania and be like, “OMFG GARY BETTMAN, AMIRITE.”
This is the single best Ask Amy response I’ve ever read
i love it when people who do shit things write in asks to validate their shittiness and it backfires. It feeds me
Chicago Blackhawks ft Quidditch Team AU
sid in florida 8.15.14
"why dont you just give him a chance"
idk because im not physically or mentally attracted to him and ‘but he likes you’ or ‘but hes really nice’ isnt going to change the fact that im not interested
Damn, I don’t think women know how much that really hurts
I can’t stop thinking about Pacafic Rim + Stargate Atlantis AU *_*